Kiss the Girl

Kiss the Girl - Melissa Brayden Ok, I would rate this one probably 3.75. I know, that's sort of picky, right?

Here's the deal... I loved the characters of Brooklyn and Jessica - particularly when they're together. But there were a couple of things that kept yanking me out of the book: The group of friends speak in such a similar way (ie word choice, speech patterns and cadence) that without diaglogue tags, it would be tough to tell them apart when they're chatting as a unit. There were a couple of times when this carried over onto the nearly 40 year old Jessica, too. The other thing that was distracting was the sudden POV changes between Brooklyn and Jess. There were several times when I had to backtrack a paragraph or so to figure out who's head I was in because I thought I missed something. Once I figured out that this was going to keep happening, it didn't bother me as much but if you're someone who has a tough time with that sort of thing, be prepared.

I didn't notice either of these issues too much in the second half of the book. Brooklyn is dealing with more serious issues and we get to see a more mature, serious side of her - which I loved.

All in all, I really liked this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a sweet romance, mixed with a lot of witty humor and some pretty serious story arcs. I couldn't help but love the couple at the center of the story and I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.